Three Summers part-time master’s or sixth-year program:
April 1 for summer semester
July 1 for fall semester
November 1 for spring semester
Email Judith Mathews at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to meet the application deadlines above.
Full-time (in residence academic year) master’s or sixth-year program:
December 1 for fall semester
How to Apply
- Assemble the application materials listed below in electronic format (PDF is recommended).
- An unofficial copy of transcripts from all collegiate work, including UConn must be uploaded
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Complete the online application to the Graduate School by navigating to http://grad.uconn.edu/admissions/apply-to-uconn/
- Click on “Apply Today” icon.
- Begin by clicking the Create Account tab. You will receive a Username and Password to begin your application. Save this information to continue work on your application.
- Admission is available for either fall, spring, or summer (select one).
- Under Enrollment, select Field of Study and Degree: Education: Educational Psychology (MA) or Education: Educational Psychology (6th-year diploma) and Concentration: Giftedness, Creativity, and Talent Development.
- After the concentration field is completed, a Teacher Program/Cohort Supplemental navigational link will populate with a question: Which cohort will you be participating in? Three Summers applicants must answer this question by selecting Three Summers Program from the dropdown menu. See sample below.
- Campus of intended registration: Storrs.
- Recommendations are required. Choose online for the recommenders so these individuals receive notification from the system to upload their letters. Please note that notification emails will indicate “University of Connecticut – Graduate School” as the sender but will come from email@example.com. If your recommenders use a spam-blocking tool, please ask them to add this email address to their list of known/safe addresses.
- The graduate school sends admission decision notification via email with a link to view the decision. In the letter are instructions to accept or decline admission.
- Note: GRE scores are NOT required.
- Mail official transcripts of all non-UConn collegiate work to:
University of Connecticut
Graduate Admissions Office
438 Whitney Road Extension, Unit 1006
Storrs, CT 06269-1006
- For applicant support, go to: http://grad.uconn.edu/admissions/status-checking/.
Creating a PDF document
Mac Users: All programs on the Mac have the ability to “print to PDF”. From within the program, select FILE >>>PRINT. A print window should appear with a PDF button. Click on the button and choose “Save as PDF”.
Windows Users: Some recent versions of Windows applications provide PDF saving from the “Save As” menu.
Others may need to download and install a free PDF printer. The Neag IT staff recommend CutePDF. CutePDF can be downloaded at http://www.cutepdf.com/.