Three Summers part-time master’s or sixth-year program:
April 1 for summer semester (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration after April 1)
June 1 for fall semester
November 1 for spring semester
Email Judith Mathews at email@example.com if you are unable to meet the application deadlines above.
Full-time (in residence academic year) master’s or sixth-year program:
December 1 for fall semester
How to Apply
- Assemble the application materials listed below in electronic format (PDF is recommended).
- Transcripts from all collegiate work, including UConn must be uploaded
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement. This document should tell your program’s admissions committee everything you would like to discuss in a personal interview. Include your reasons for undertaking graduate work, your ultimate plans, and how you happened to select your desired field. Details about your preparation, your strengths and weaknesses as a student, any academic honors, scholarships, or fellowships you have received, will all be helpful. The committee wants to know information about you that cannot be expressed quantitatively.
- The GRE is NOT required for the master’s or sixth-year diploma programs.
- Complete the online application to the Graduate School: http://grad.uconn.edu/admissions/apply-to-uconn/
- Create an account to start a new application.
- A randomly-generated PIN will be emailed to you. You will have an opportunity to change your password after authenticating.
- Intended Program > Area: Education > Field of Study: Educational Psychology MA or 6th year diploma > Concentration: Giftedness, Creativity, and Talent Development MA or 6th year diploma
- Enrollment Details > Areas of Interest/Research: Three Summers
- To check the status of your application, please log into your application at any point. Please be aware that it may take 2-3 business days after submission for your application to be processed and accurately reflect what has been received. If test scores have been submitted to The Graduate School electronically through ETS at school code 3915, it can take up to 5-10 business days to load to your application. Application login:Click here to check the status of your application
If you have questions regarding your application, email the Graduate Admissions Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Creating a PDF document
Mac Users: All programs on the Mac have the ability to “print to PDF”. From within the program, select FILE >>>PRINT. A print window should appear with a PDF button. Click on the button and choose “Save as PDF”.
Windows Users: Some recent versions of Windows applications provide PDF saving from the “Save As” menu.
Others may need to download and install a free PDF printer. The Neag IT staff recommends CutePDF. CutePDF can be downloaded at http://www.cutepdf.com/.